Tuesday, November 13, 2012

[eBookWorm Diaries] Novemberrific Reading List 3


11-06

06:22 - The Da Vinci Code

Collet, you should've been le capitaine. You're obviously more reasonable than Fache.

Good to know that Langdon thinks that 'Sophie was clearly a hell of a lot smarter than he was.'

I wonder if I chose right when I included the Da Vinci Code on my Novemberrific Reading List. Yes, it's definitely one of my favorites...but I still plan to live long and the suspense it gives me probably lessen a few years of my life.

And here comes one of my favorite scenes. The Harvard classroom experience. I am always always looking forward to Langdon's recollections everytime I read one of his books.

Oh yes, the Divine Proportion. PHI. 1.618. It's nice to see you again.

I wish I had a grandfather like Jacques Sauniere. An art connoisseur, a lover of word play and a code afficionado.

"Life is filled with secrets. You can't learn them all at once." Jacques Sauniere

Note to self: look for Saint Sulpice and the Rose Line.

09:13 - a change of heart. I feel the need for some romance.

The Night Circus [2]

Fire and Light. The competition begins.

Oh Celia. How I wish to meet you.

Next thing to look forward to, the revelation! That umbrella scene is one of my favorites! Frankly, all the scenes where Marco and Celia personally interact with each other are favorites. They are so few they became precious to me.

'He wants to know everything about her. How she spends her time when not performing. How she interacts with her audiences. How she takes her tea. He cannot bring himself to ask Isobel these things.' - Oh Marco, that is so close to obsession.

Gosh! The suspense is killing me. Come on, let them meet again for goodness' sake!

Atmosphere. Celia and Marco in one room. *dies*

"May I make additions to it?" a different way of lovemaking.

The Magician's Umbrella. My favorite! One of! Hahaha.

"It's as if there is love and loss at the same time, together in a kind of beautiful pain" - Isobel [i wish I could write as good as Erin Morgenstern]

Finally! I fancy the UMBRELLA scene would have been enchanting if there was a movie adaptation for the book.

The house tour was perfectly written. Subtle. Teasing. Romantic. Full of unexpressed emotions. They merely touched hands but to me, the effect was very intimate. T___T

13:27 - The Da Vinci Code

Langdon, your humor in the time of crisis is astonishing.

Travel. Lodging. Cash. The Holy Trinity. What every fugitive needs. [a little knowledge won't hurt]

Oh Dan Brown, your casual mention of The Harry Potter. Thanks Jason Kaufman for thinking about it as the ultimate bestseller of all time.

11-08

13:53
Done with The Da Vinci code early this morning. Going back to reading The Night Circus and hopefully finish it today, then move on to Flipped.

The Night Circus [3]

"She is bending yourself into knots in your precious circus" - Hector Bowen

"The scars last longer than the games, you see" - Tsukiko

"Love is fickle and fleeting" - Tsukiko

"To win would be worse than losing" - Marco [the death of someone you love is worse than anything]

18:45
Done with The Night Circus. Still as beautiful as the first time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment