Monday, November 12, 2012

[eBookWorm Diaries] Novemberrific Reading List 1



11-03

The Book Thief - Markus Zusak

After reading about Rudy Steiner's death and Liesel Meminger's kiss, there was a part of me who died along with Rudy and a part of me who felt as useless as Liesel Meminger's kiss.

"As many mistakes as you want" - Probably one of the best things Max Vandenburg ever said. Or anyone for that matter.

'In truth I think he was afraid. Rudy Steiner was scared of the book thief's kiss. He must have longed for it so much. He must have loved her so incredibly hard. So hard that he would never ask for her lips again and would go to his grave without them' - Beautiful words. Sad sad words.

11-04 [Tabi's day]

'It kills me sometimes, how people die' - Death [I just need to write this. Words of wisdom, eh?]

'Three languages interwove. The Russian, the bullets, the German'

The bombing at Himmel Street. It isn't my first time to read this book, but damn if I didn't cried a river for these heartbreaking scenes. Rudy's last kiss, Liesel telling her Mama that she was goddamn beautiful in the moonlight, and Papa...Papa Hans and his accordion.

Whom did Liesel end up with? Max?

-

Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen

'It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife, - and so my Jane Austen journey began.

11-05 [izz my bday]

'She was at least free from the offense of Mr. Darcy's further notice; though often standing within a very short distance of her, quite disengaged, he never came near enough to speak' - Oh Mr. Darcy, you were quite obvious at this point. I pity you and I fancy I couldn't hate Mr. Wickham more at this point. The scoundrel! [ok, frustrated much.]

"Your mother will never see you again if you do NOT marry Mr. Collins, and I will never see you again if you do." - Mr. Bennet to Lizzy [You did the right thing Mr. Bennet]

'...when the door opened, and, to her very great surprise, Mr. Darcy and, Mr. Darcy only, entered the room.' I swear I totally had to compose myself after reading this. Mr. Darcy and Lizzy, you make me so happy. [Ms. Austen really knows how to tease me]

"My dear, Eliza, he must have been in love with you, or he would never have called us in this familiar way" - Charlotte to Elizabeth [You couldn't have phrased it more truthfully dear Mrs. Lucas]

"In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." - Mr. Darcy [I may have read this particular scene over and over and over again, but the feeling of giddyness that it gives me still feels like the first time I ever read Mr. Darcy's proposal to Ms. Lizzie Bennet]

"Far be it from me, my dear sister, to depreciate such pleasure! They would doubtless be congenial with the generality of female minds. But I confess they would have no charms for me--I should infinitely prefer a book" - Mary [Couldn't help but agree with her on this one. Mary is definitely a sensible girl.]

And now I'm spacing out. I can't believe I can read the words without even comprehending their meaning. Focus Haf!

"Yes...but that was only when I first saw her, for it is may months since I have considered her as one of the handsomest women of my acquaintance" - Mr. Darcy in reply to Ms. Bingley pertaining to her comment to Lizzie [Ah! I feel alive again]

'She was convinced that she could have been happy with him, when it was no longer likely they should meet' - sounds very much like regret Lizzy

Lydia is probably the stupid-est girl I've ever encountered. Imagine eloping with 'dear Mr. Wickham' aack!

"Why, if he came only to be silent, grave, and indifferent" said she, "did he come at all?" - Lizzie [Why, indeed, Mr. Darcy?]

The returning of the coffee cup scene. Oh my heart, it's so happy it could burst.

Ohmaygahd! I feel like a teenager. Haha. How good it is to be loved by you..you.. Lmao [I'm turning nuts!]

"You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged, but one word from you will silence me on this subject for ever." - Mr. Darcy to Lizzy [love is definitely sweeter and lovelier the second time around]

Oh dear Mr. Darcy, you're like a boy when you are in love.

How hard it is to supress one's feelings in front of the person you love most? When you can't act the way lovers should. [Eek Haf, you saying that?]

Dear lovers, I'm almost choking due to your extreme sweetness for each other. I fancy I must be jealous.

A big big thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Gardiner then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment