Saturday, May 19, 2012

30 Days Book Challenge - Day 5

Day 5 - If you were stranded on a desert island, what five books would you take with you? Include one reason each.

Since I'm supposed to be stranded on a desert island, I would definitely stay away from mystery/suspense/thrillers even though that is my favorite genre. I wouldn't want to scare myself right?

Book 1. Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen

Pride and Prejudice

For me, this is the greatest love story of all time. Yes, not Romeo and Juliet, not Titanic, but THIS! Simply because, it has a happy ending (I'm a sucker for Happy Endings, most of the time). When I read this book, I never really paid attention to it. I was just reading for the sake of reading. Then come the realization of how great the book is, so I would love to read it over and over again and to pay attention this time.

Book 2. Graffiti Moon - Cath Crowley

Graffiti Moon

I want to go over Leo's poems over and over again.

Book 3. The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern

The Night Circus

I haven't really paid attention to the dates while reading this, so I want to read it again to set my mind on the proper chronological order of the events. Besides, I can't get enough of the scenes involving the two protagonists. There were very few scenes which featured the two of them and I want to savor every moment of that.

Book 4. Paboritong Libro ni Hudas - Bob Ong

Ang Paboritong Libro ni Hudas

I need some humor right?! To keep my sanity. LOL

Book 5. Ready Player One - Ernest Cline

Ready Player One

To educate myself in the world of video games.

No comments:

Post a Comment