Sunday, December 30, 2012

[Random] 2012 Review


A rundown of events that made my year quite interesting, along with the happenings that made me thankful for the year that passed.

*completed my 2012 Goodreads  reading challenge ~ read 150 books...and MORE.

*completed reading ALL of Agatha Christie's novels ~ I swear I feel I know Poirot better than anyone else. lol

*discovered new and exciting series to follow ~ hello Cinder, Shadow and Bone, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, and Masque of the Red Death.

*finished all of Jane Austen's novels, and even her novelette ~ even watched Pride and Prejudice (the one with Kiera Knightley) twice.

*finally started watching BBC's Sherlock ~ I know I regret not being able to watch it earlier.

*met my favorite book: Graffiti Moon.

*created this BLOG. ~ was it really this year? I just know I've been totally active this year.

*met new friends, uh, correction, online friends. ~ be it on Twitter, or in Goodreads. There's nothing that makes people closer more than shared interests

*started a fic in AFF. ~ my frustrations on writing being poured out in that sorry excuse for a fanfic (which reminds me that I haven't updated for a long time)

* traveled. Uh, in my dreams?! Haha.

*big bang had a concert in the Philippines (and Dara came too) and it's a miracle that I'm still alive and not seven feet below the ground because of absolute envy.

*went crazy over Adam Levine and Jason Mraz.

*volunteered. A lot. In fact that's what I did for the whole year. ~ this translates to, I'm always broke. But, I also have new friends and a whole new experience.

*took, and passed, the Civil Service Eligibility Exam ~ with luck on my side, I managed to snag the 2nd spot on the topnotch for our region, which doesn't change the fact that I'm still penniless. All I got from it was bragging rights which I need as much as I need a raincoat while sun bathing. (don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely thankful for it too)

*learned how to bake ~ now I want a kitchen complete with all the necessary equipment and materials for baking

*another skill I've learned this year; basic computer hardware servicing ~ from technician to baker, what's next?

*managed to learn the basics of accounting ~ even the Quickbook thingy, hahaha. (all the skills I've managed to learn are all in preparation for my future, as a spinster)

*sang along to Call Me Maybe, Gangnam Style, Payphone, and what the heck, Pusong bato. Lmao.

*memorized 2ne1's I Love You and Big Bang's Bad Boy ~ yes, I can do the rap parts. Achievement.

*fell in love more with Choi Seung Hyun

*two of my most favorite people in the world joined the Twitterverse; @krungy21 and @IBGDRGN. ~ of course they were followed by another favorite entity, @ForVictori

*started joining the Dramione and Feltson ship

*diagnosed as Tweet-holic ~ tweeted more than 3,200 tweets this year.

*pinned on Pinterest ~ great site, btw

*learned how to play 'Twinkle, twinkle little star' on keyboard ~ probably my biggest achievement this year.

*AA arrived in my life and changed a lot of things. That little guy is a bundle of joy.

*grasped a bit of Photoshop


No comments:

Post a Comment