Thursday, December 27, 2012

Review: Scandal in Spring


Scandal in Spring
Scandal in Spring by Lisa Kleypas

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



The funniest.



I stand by my word. The preceding book is still my favorite, but this one is by far the most entertaining.

When he had explained why investors who wanted low risk and moderate returns should put their capital into national debt shares, Daisy has interrupted him by asking, "Father, wouldn't it be wonderful if hummingbirds had tea parties and we were small enough to be invited?"


Hummingbirds at tea parties? Now, Daisy is fascinating. I've never thought of that.

Westcliff did not miss Matthew's fascinated gaze. "You have a unique approach to courtship," he commented. "I wouldn't have thought beating Daisy at lawn games would catch her interest, but it seems to have done the trick."
Matthew contemplated the ground before his feet, schooling his tone into calm unconcern. "I'm not courting Miss Bowman."
"Then it seems I misinterpreted your apparent passion for bowls."


Hah! I actually enjoyed the bowl game between Matthew and Daisy. Probably the longest in history.

I had fun reading the involvement of the other characters in the series. Maybe because Daisy was the last wallflower to get married, there is more "wallflower" participation in this book, along with their husbands. Nice touch to make the book more exciting.

I did like how Daisy and Matthew's relationship developed but I guess I would've enjoyed it better if there were less "love scenes" (this comment refers to the other books as well). I'm not prude, but the scenes were almost always the same...it's repetitive and I simply get bored reading the same thing over and over again.

Other than that, I'm fine with it. The series keep getting better with each addition. Great books to pick up when you're feeling romance-deprived (like me, coz the weather is cold and I could only cuddle with my pillow).




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment