Thursday, December 27, 2012

[Listverse] 2012 Books That Rocked My Year

I have to admit since I am catching up on my reading, there's a lot of books I've read this year which aren't released this 2012, but, I managed to snag a few 2012 releases. So here is my list of 2012 Books that ROCKED my year. Books that made my 2012 reading life more fun, thrilling, and dramatic.

 Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus, #3)The Casual VacancyFor Darkness Shows the StarsShadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)EasyMasque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #1)WonderCinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1)http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1327880382s/11870085.jpg 


1. The Fault in Our Stars - John Green

A book that I would gladly recommend to anyone. Hazel and Augustus are just so lovable, the ending was so heartbreaking. But it also gave me something beautiful. Everyone with a special someone who is in delicate medical condition should read this (not that I have one), you'll learn a lot on how to deal with them in here and understand them in a way.

2. Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1) - Marissa Meyer

For you fairytale lovers out there, this one is definitely a must-read. Growing up loving and admiring Cinderella, I was almost sure I'd love this book...and I did. Absolutely-freaking-LOVED it! I liked how Cinder's character developed, from one naive mechanic, to a bad-assy-kind-of-cyborg. My kind of girl.

3. Wonder - R.J. Palacio

Another book that I recommend for everyone to read. This is the BEST BOOK of 2012 for me.

4. Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death #1) - Bethany Griffin

I loved the "goth" feels I get from this book. I find the characters intriguing too. Looking forward to the next book.

5. Easy - Tamara Webber

An unexpected favorite. I never really thought I'd fall for this one. Webber really knows how to play with your emotions...and LUCAS, is the BEST BOOK BOYFRIEND of 2012. lmao

6. Shadow and Bone (The Grisha Trilogy #1) - Leigh Bardugo

I love Magic. The book, along with the characters, is intriguing. The Darkling is enough reason for this book to be on the top reads for 2012.

7. For Darkness Shows the Stars - Diana Peterfreund

I am a big Jane Austen, and next to Pride and Prejudice and Emma, Persuasion comes to a close to being my top favorite. Any Jane Austen retelling is actually good for me, but this one, I just love the twist. I think Diana made the story her own. The additions made the retelling unique in its own way.

8. The Casual Vacancy - J.K. Rowling

One of my most anticipated book of the year, and fortunately, it didn't disappoint me. I will always adore the way JK Rowling creates her character. I've also heard from the grapevine that this will be turned into a TV Series, I am looking forward to it.

9.  The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus #3) - Rick Riordan

What a cliffhanger. Probably one of the most beautiful and sad ending I've read this year. Sigh.

10. Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #2) - Laini Taylor

Definitely as good as the first. I liked it that this one focused more on the war between the Chimaeras and the Seraphim and not on Akiva and Karou. Still as emotional as the first one though, you'd never know what hit you. You just realize your crying.


No comments:

Post a Comment