Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Review: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy


The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



That was it? My reaction after reading the book.



It wasn't laugh-til-you-drop kind of funny but I guess it was amusing enough to keep me entertained. It was definitely worth the time.

Ok, so I've learned some things about the, uhm, universe (?) after reading the book, here it goes:

- that in some part of the universe, it is perfectly normal to die out of shame
- Ix means a boy who is not able satisfactorily to explain what a Hrung is, nor why it should choose to collapse on Betelgeuse Seven
- Vogons got as much sex appeal as road accidends
- you can't panic when you're still culture shocked
- the answer to the ultimate question of the universe is 42.
- mice and dolphins are smarter than humans
- lastly, i need a towel

My thoughts after reading the book:

- I want to be in Arthur Dent's shoes. Inter-galactic travel sounds fun.
- I think the book made me a little bit crazier.
- It was hard keeping up with the different alien and planet descriptions.
- I want two heads like Zaphod. That way I can have two brains.
- There were parts when I felt my brain was going to explode, especially the parts where the book talks about computation...Probability sucks.
- I love the way Douglas Adams wrote the book. Very entertaining.
- I don't really get the whole book. Honestly. Do I need to review my physics?
- If this book was written with the story having no particular direction, I'd still read it. The whole thing was really-really-really enjoyable.

Lastly, my favorite quote from the book. Spoken by Zaphod (which happens to be my favorite character) to Trillian.

Okay, so ten out of ten for style, but minus several millions for good thinking, yeah?





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment