Friday, March 29, 2013

Review: Lady Chatterley's Lover


Lady Chatterley's Lover
Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



No. I'm NOT giving this a ONE even if I'm tempted to.
Because I think I am NOT mature enough, experienced enough (whatevs) to read it. It wasn't bad. And yeah, maybe a BIT vulgar, but not really that scandalous (hey Haf, it was published on a different age -t).

Honestly, I am just so glad that I am FINALLY done with this book because at least I can move on from it. I just feel kinda sad since I am left feeling like I haven't got the essence of this book. Like I missed something important because I wasn't relating with it the whole time I was reading it.

Yes, in those times, maybe this book is something BIG. But nowadays, I don't think so. It just felt like some story about an illicit affair. It wasn't even a bit exciting because Clifford (at least I think so) doesn't really mind the affair. I think he was repulsed by the idea of the game-keeper BEING Connie's lover and NOT really because Connie cheated on him.

I don't know. It sounded unemotional, almost mechanical on me. Like, it's less passionate. The scenes which showed emotion were almost on borderline cheesy. But maybe, that's only for me.

Anyways, who knows? Maybe five, ten, fifteen years from now I'd pick this up and have a different view of it. Let's see.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment