Friday, March 29, 2013

Review: Gone Girl


Gone Girl
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Mindf*cked

Yeah. That was my initial reaction after reading the book. The twists and turns were enough to make me go psych-O.

Because isn't that the point of every relationship: to be known by someone else, to be understood? He gets me. She gets me. Isn't that the simple magic phrase?"


I do agree with Diary Amy. I think the most important thing about being in a relationship is TRULY KNOWING each other. Even if Nick and Amy's relationship is destructive at some point, in the end, they really HAVE to be TOGETHER. There is no other way. Because they KNOW each other INSIDE OUT. Isn't that fearsome? Thrilling? Absolutely beautiful?

This book really left me speechless. I mean, wow, would it be wrong if I UNDERSTAND why AMY did that? If I am more sympathetic towards her more than Nick. Because LET us ADMIT, Amy is f*ckin' BRILLIANT. And I do get her point. There are few things in this world worse than being cheated.

It was true that I'd had this feeling too, in the past month, when I wasn't wishing Amy harm. It would come to me at strange moments - in the middle of the night, up to take a piss, or in the morning pouring a bowl of cereal - I'd detect a nib of admiration, and more than that, fondness for my wife, right in the middle of me, right in the gut. To know exactly what I wanted to hear in those notes, to woo me back to her, even to predict all my wrong moves...the woman knew me cold. Better that anyone in the world, she knew me. All this time I'd thought we were strangers, and it turned out we knew each other intuitively, in our bones, in our blood.

It was kind of romantic. Catastrophically romantic.


Yes Nick, you couldn't have described it better.
Their relationship minus the dysfunctional part is something to be envied. Really envied.

I don't think I could write further without spoiling too much. I guess we should just all read it and judge it ourselves. Different people have different tastes and since this book is appealing to your psychology, it would be better if you read this one without any prejudice whatsoever. That way, you would be able to appreciate it more. Just a piece of my mind.

P.S. Let me just say this: I don't care if Tanner Bolt is a dickhead defender, I like him. He is definitely good at what he is doing.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment