Thursday, January 24, 2013

Review: The Raven Boys


The Raven Boys
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



that was GREAT!



Well, where do I start?
The prologue? Very very intriguing.
I just love books that knows how to tease, and can deliver to your expectations.

What do I think about the characters?
Hmmm * taps chin with index finger*
The Raven Boys. Intriguing. This is the time when I like boys/guys (?) shrouded in mystery. Gansey, Adam, Noah, and Ronan makes up a really weird clique (i don't mean weird in a bad way). They are so different from each other I always wonder how Gansey managed to keep them from killing each other. Surprisingly, they are at peace with each other and there is, in fact, genuine affection.
Blue, I thought was cool. A "battery" living with her "psychic" family? You can't get any cooler than that. And boy, I love her sensibility. I like a girl who knows how to use her brain.

The "love angle"?
Ok, we got ourselves a love triangle here. I think I would prefer Adam and Blue to be "just friends". The moment Blue saw Gansey's spirit in that ruined/old church, I jumped into their ship. Even though in this book, there is more Adam-Blue "cute" moments, I find the Gansey-Blue interactions more "intense". I can see sparks flying.

Any thoughts about the plot?
I am clueless about the ley line so I had a hard time grasping the whole story. But I'm learning. I guess I have to read more about it. Research Haf.

Would I still read the next book?
Absolutely!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment