Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Review: Darkness Before Dawn


Darkness Before Dawn
Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



Surprise! Surprise!



I LIKED IT!

Yeap ladies and gentlemen, I actually liked a book written in the heroine's point of view.

Well, it helped that Dawn is likable enough. She's not entirely stupid nor helpless. In fact, she is reasonable and tough. I know she's a teenager and an orphan so I would give some allowance for her if she kept some angst or whatever, which it turned out to be minimal. Of course she's in pain, but at least she doesn't go on sulking about it the whole time.

The plot was good, interesting enough, but I guess things happened too fast. I think that some weight should be put on some scenes by adding more detailed descriptions of what is really happening instead of some condensed version. I think that in a way, it lessens the importance of the scenes even if it is in fact crucial in the story.

Oh, and by the way. I would've preferred if the romance angle was toned down. A little bit of romance is good but too much cheesy part makes me want to gag.

All in all, I liked the book. I had fun reading it and I would still pick up and read the next book.

P.S. My favorite part?

"Are our uncles settled?"

Richard leans against one of the bed posts. "Coffins nailed shut."

"He's trying to be witty," Faith explains, rolling her eyes.

"You like my wit," Richard says.

"Not really." She spins on her heel and heads for the door.


See? I just love Faith and Richard. Cute couple. *eyebrows wiggle*




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment